Air India, a Tata Group-owned airline, unveiled a contemporary new model id and new plane livery that seize the essence of a daring new India, marking a milestone in its Vihaan.AI transformation of the nationwide establishment right into a nationwide inspiration.
The new look reimagines the enduring Indian window form, traditionally utilized by Air India, right into a gold window body that turns into central to the new model design system – symbolising a ‘Window of Possibilities’.
Air India’s new brand image – ‘The Vista’ – is impressed by the height of the gold window body, signifying limitless prospects, progressiveness, and the airline’s daring, assured outlook for the longer term.
Air India’s brand-new plane livery and design contains a palette of deep pink, aubergine, and gold highlights, in addition to a chakra-inspired sample. It additionally boasts a putting new custom-made ‘Air India Sans’ font, marrying confidence with heat to place Air India as premium, inclusive, and accessible.
Campbell Wilson, Air India CEO & MD, mentioned: “Our transformative new model displays an ambition to make Air India a world class airline serving friends from across the globe, and that represents a new India proudly on the worldwide stage.
“The new Air India is bold, confident, and vibrant, but also warm and deeply rooted to its rich history and traditions that make Indian hospitality a global benchmark for standards in service.”
Designed in partnership with the model transformation firm, FutureBrand, the enduring new model id combines Air India’s superb previous with its drive to goal for excellence and innovate for the longer term, making a standout model design for a premium international airline with an Indian coronary heart.
Travellers will start to see the new brand all through their journey beginning December 2023, when Air India’s first Airbus A350 enters the fleet within the new livery.
“Colours, patterns, shapes and how they come together and what they represent matter, but our actions speak so much louder. We are in the midst of a total transformation to reimagine the role of India’s flagship airline”, Wilson mentioned.
Air India is making important investments all through the visitor expertise to raise its service and to strengthening its place as the popular airline for travellers flying to, from, and inside India:
- Air India has confirmed historic buy agreements to accumulate 470 plane from Airbus and Boeing at US$70 billion (primarily based on printed record costs), with deliveries of the new plane beginning November this 12 months.
- The transformation of Air India’s fleet has already begun with the airline leasing and shopping for 20 widebody plane this 12 months. A US$400 million programme to utterly refurbish the interiors of its legacy fleet of 43 widebody plane commences mid-2024, which can result in the set up of brand-new seats in each cabin, new inflight leisure programs, and inflight Wi-Fi web connectivity. By March 2024, 33% of the airline’s widebody fleet might be upgraded, and over the following two-and-a-half years, its total long-haul fleet might be reborn.
- Air India has launched a new web site and cell app, providing a considerably improved internet expertise with new digital instruments and options.
- The service may also launch a new “open all hours, every day” buyer contact centre in 9 Indian and international languages by the top of this 12 months, in addition to a utterly redesigned loyalty program in early 2024 that can allow hundreds of new redemption prospects.
- The airline is investing in constructing utterly new lounges at Delhi and New York JFK airports, having lately introduced a worldwide lounge community growth, reaching 100% lounge entry protection for premium clients in any respect locations in its worldwide route community.
- Air India has now welcomed greater than 5,000 new workers, together with 3,200 Cabin Crew and practically 1,000 Cockpit Crew, who’re serving to to drive the cultural transformation going down on the coronary heart of Air India. It can also be closely investing in constructing one of many world’s largest aviation coaching academies in India that can upskill an enormous variety of aviation professionals.